Cancer Indemnity Insurance
Benefits that really pay... fast.
Life happens. So, too, does health. Our health is as important as the air we breathe and with all the lifestyle, living and fitness magazines there are plenty of resources about how best to optimize our health. And, then, life can take a sudden turn and our own health or that of a family member can be impacted by cancer.
The numbers are well documented . . . men have a slightly less than a 1-in-2 lifetime risk of developing cancer; for women, the number is slightly more than 1-in-3.1 Progress is being made, however, in the United States cancer still ranks as the second leading cause of death behind heart disease.2
The numbers also show that people diagnosed with cancer are living longer. The numbers also show that the financial toll caused by cancer can be exacting3:
Those fighting cancer are 2.5 times more likely to file bankruptcy than those without the disease;
- About 25% of people with cancer put off tests or treatments due to cost;
- Approximately one in five families of someone with cancer had difficulty paying for basic necessities or other non-medical bills;
- An average amount for someone with insurance to pay in out-of-pocket costs is $712 per month.
When a cancer diagnosis appears, things happen fast. Medical and family decisions need to be made. Benefit payments should happen fast, too, and our Express Series is designed to deliver so that the focus can be on treatment and recovery.
- Coverage is guaranteed renewable so long as premiums are paid;
- Our policies have no co-payments, networks or co-payments; and
- Coverage is portable so that in the event of a job change, you maintain your coverage so long as premiums are paid.
1 US National Cancer Institute Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Database (2002-2012)
2 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2015)
3 National Cancer Data Base