Plan G offers comprehensive coverage for costs Medicare does not cover. It is identical to Plan F aside from one difference: Plan G policyholders must pay the Medicare Part B deductible.
Historically, however, Plan F has experienced higher rate increases than Plan G, and Plan F’s increased premium is often greater than the Part B deductible that Plan G policyholders must pay. For this reason, many believe Plan G provides the best value out of all Medicare Supplement plans.
Let’s take a closer look at all of the benefits Plan G offers. Plan G covers 100% of the following:
- -Medicare Part A Coinsurance and Hospital Costs (up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used).
- -Medicare Part B Coinsurance or Copayment
- -First 3 Pints of Blood (each calendar year)
- -Part A Hospice Care Coinsurance or Copayment
- -Skilled Nursing Facility Care Coinsurance
- -Part B Excess Charges
- -Medicare Part B Preventive Care Coinsurance
Plan G also covers 80% of foreign travel emergency, up to the plan limit.
For a comparison of benefits offered by all Medicare Supplement plans, check out our 2017 Medicare Supplement Plans Chart.
For more information, a free quote, or to chat with an expert call (800) 369-3600 or visit medigap.manhattanlife.com