A Summary of the Guidelines for Manhattan Life Insurance Company ManhattanLife Assurance Company of America Western United Life Assurance Company, Standard Life and Casualty Insurance Company, and Family Life Insurance Company
- We collect nonpublic personal information to process and administer our customers’ business and to ensure that we are satisfying their financial and insurance needs.
- We do not share any nonpublic personal information about our customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- We use our customers’ information responsibly to provide them with benefits and improved products and services.
- We have policies and procedures in place to protect our customers’ nonpublic personal information.
- We hold our employees to the highest standards of conduct in ensuring this confidentiality.
- We comply with federal and state privacy laws and regulations.
Types of Nonpublic Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
As part of our insurance business, employees, representatives, agents and selected third parties may collect nonpublic personal information about our customers. This includes the following:
- Information we have received from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or third parties.
- Information from others, such as credit reporting agencies, employers, and federal and state agencies.
- Nonpublic personal health information, like medical reports, for certain types of insurance polices in order to underwrite the policy, administer claims or perform other insurance or insurance related functions.
- Examples of nonpublic personal information we may collect are your name, address, social security number, date of birth, gender, medical history, account activity, account balances, income, assets, marital status, payment history, insurance premiums, and information received from a consumer and/or credit reporting agency.