Contact the Inspector General’s hotline if you experience any of the following:
- An agent tries to sell you a second Medigap policy when they are aware that you already have one.
- An agent pressures you into buying a Medigap policy through lying and misleading.
- An agent tries to sell you a Medigap policy although they know you are receiving Medicaid, except in certain situations.
- An agent tries to sell you a Medigap policy when they know you have Medicare Advantage, unless your coverage under the Advantage plan ends before the Medigap effective date.
- An agent claims that a Medigap policy is part of the Medicare program or another federal program.
- An agent claims that a Medicare Advantage policy is a Medigap plan.
- An agent tries to sell you a Medigap policy that is not offered in your state.
- An agent claims they are a Medicare representative when they really work for a Medigap insurance company.
- An agent tries to sell you a Medicare Advantage Plan when you say you want to stay in Original Medicare and buy a Medigap policy.
For more information or a free Medicare Supplement quote, call (800) 369-3600 or visit medigap.manhattanlife.com/wula